- Q:What is VPI’s mission?
A:To provide exceptional values in products and services to our stockholders.
- VPI works with the “blue chip” suppliers.
- VPI provides competitively priced products and services, and
- VPI provides a return on your investment with tax-free rebates and cash discounts.
- Q:What are the key strengths of VPI?
VPI is the only distributorship that gives veterinarians an equal share of ownership in the company – giving them a vehicle that will always keep the channels for competition and pricing open so that the best interests of the veterinarian are served first, whether it is veterinary products or business services.
VPI redistributes its profits to the stockholders in the form of “tax-free” rebates. Doctors also have the option to join the VPI Direct Payment Program which saves them 2% on every invoice. VPI provides competitive pricing and/or rebate advantages on over 1,000 items in its warehouse and on 20+ business services that are commonly used in a hospital. Our distinction is that we focus on key products and services in the niches which are the highest expense areas.
- Q:What sets VPI apart from the competition?
Several key advantages exist for VPI stockholders:
- You join a stockholder owned company that can save your hospital up to about $40,000 annually (depending on your annual business volume). As an investor you receive tax-free rebates on your purchases as a key part of the return on your investment.
- You make a one-time purchase of 100 shares of stock that is redeemable in the future – no monthly or annual dues or fees.
- VPI’s portfolio of products and services are the gold standard in their respective industries.
- Contrary to most of our competitors, we inventory all of the key products from Pfizer and Novartis.
- VPI breaks up any products that are packed in multiples and sells them individually at no up-charge. This includes Novartis and Pfizer products. Vaccines are sold by the tray.
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more!
- You have access to over 20 product and financial services that will reduce the operating costs of running your hospital.
- Q:How many members do you have?
- A: VPI currently has 650+ members and GROWING! Our warehouse effectively serves hospitals in the six southeastern states. We now have stockholders in 15 states across the country! Our membership has spread to the other states because of a group of vendor partners that offer their services nationally and do not involve warehousing of products. These vendors are providing VPI stockholders with significant savings on large cost items. See the Geographic Scope article in the About section for more details.
- Q:Where are you located?
- A:Our warehouse is located in Kennesaw, Georgia, a community on the northwest side of Greater Atlanta. We are inside the major shipping hub for the Southeastern U.S. which gives us some important shipping advantages.
- Q:Which partners serve VPI shareholders?
VPI’s vendor partners serve shareholders with incredible benefits. Read more about each partner on this page.
Our current list of partners includes:
- ADP – Payroll and HR Services
- AMDEC – New and Used Medical Equipment Sales and Service
- Atlanta Pet Cemetery & Crematory – Individual Burials and Cremations
- AViD Laboratories – Reference Lab offering savings of up to 60%
- Bayer – Pharmaceuticals
- BB&T – Credit Card Services
- Ceva – Animal Behavioral Products
- Custom Laser & Printing, Inc. – Printing and Copying
- DuoView – Digital X Ray Suite
- Easy-Works Computer Services – Remote Access Service; Support for Computers, Servers, and Networks
- Green Flag Profit Recovery -Accounts Receivables and Bad Debt Recovery
- Heska – In House Chemistry and Hematology Analyzers
- Information On Hold – “On Hold” messaging system
- iVet – High Quality Pet Food
- Jorgensen Laboratories – High Quality Specialty Instruments and Animal Health Products
- Litter Doctor – Color of Litter indicates pH level
- Microscope Services – Service on all types of Microscopes
- Novartis – Products include Ethicon Suture material, Capstar, Interceptor, Sentinel, Parastar, and Easy-Spot
- Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. – Dietary Supplements
- Office Depot – Discounts on Office Supplies and Services
- oshaCompliance Inc – Takes the guesswork out of compliance
- Pfizer – Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines
- Phoenix Research – Cleaning Products including disinfectants that kill Parvo, Distemper, Feline Leukemia, and Bordetella
- PurinaCare – Pet Health Insurance
- Putney-Generic Pharmaceuticals
- Radiation Detection Company – Radiation Detection Badges
- Roadrunner Pharmacy – Specializing in Compounding and Discounted Veterinary Medications
- Royal Canin – High Quality Pet Food
- SCIL – Medical Equipment including Hematology and Chemistry Analyzers, Vital Signs Monitors, and Aesculap Surgical Power Tools
- Shor-Line – Stainless Steel Products including Cages, Runs, and Surgical Tables
- Sikes Paper Company – Institutional Paper: Janitorial, Packaging, Break Room, and Safety Supplies
- Southern Financial Consultants, Inc. – Assistance in all aspects of Individual and Business Planning
- Staples Office Supply – Discounts on Office Supplies and Services
- The Ark Pet Power Radio – Relieve the anxiety in the exam room
- UPS – Discount on shipping
- Vets First Choice – Home delivery provider of FDA and EPA approved pharmaceuticals, therapeutic diets, and PCAB accredited compounded medications
- VPI Benefits, LLC – Complete suite of insurance products including health, dental, vision, disability, life, accident and cancer
- Walsh Gases – Supplies Medical and Industrial Gases and Liquid Nitrogen